Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ward Family History Consultant Calling

On Sunday January 10, 2010 I was sustained as ward family history consultant. I am excited about this new calling. I also feel a tremendous responsibility. I will need to balance this calling with all my other responsibilities. I will need the help of my family to fulfill my responsibilities. As I work on prioritizing and organizing my time I will think of this quote from Elsie Geneva Cook Pace, co-author of A Book of the Bybee Families by Elsie Geneva Cook Pace and Zina Pearl Bybee Rollins (my grandmother).

"It is not so important to know everything as to know the exact value of everything, to appreciate what we learn and to arrange what we know."
by Hannah More

This applies to my responsibilities in my temporal and family affairs as well as to research information.