Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What's New at the Family History Library by Alan Mann

There are numerous places on the Internet where you can learn more about the Family History Library. Here is one Family History Library Utah.

The library catalog is online so you can prepare at home by making a list of the items you want to search. Here is the library page at Family Search which is packed with useful information.

Alan Mann's class was filled with things I did not know about the Family History Library even though I live in Salt Lake Valley and have been there many times.
I was just continually amazed during this class at all the resources that are now available to help me with my research. It will take me a long time to take advantage of them, especially since genealogical research in not my full-time occupation. I have to find the time to do it. But I believe these resources will save me a lot of time!

Here are just a few of the things I learned about:

Research Wiki

Family Search Indexing

Online Research Classes

Family Search Forums

Family Search Labs - New Features

This was a very helpful class for me to attend. Thank you Alan Mann.

No comments: