Sunday, March 30, 2014

Is this what has been happening in my Family Tree at FamilySearch?

It seems like when I check my "watch list" at FamilySearch's Family Tree every week that there are a lot of changes being made by FamilySearch. I was horrified to read in the blog The Ancestor Files that "information" is being migrated from New Family Search to Family Tree and that the source information is being corrupted.
I agree with Amy Tanner Thiriot that unless this stops, FamilySearch Family Tree will not be a place for serious genealogists. This will be very sad, since so many of us have trusted FamilySearch as a place for us to preserve our hard work and our family history forever. My resolve to keep my own records in ever more detail and to back it up in multiple locations is strengthened even more.

No comments: