Monday, May 3, 2010

National Genealogical Society Annual Conference

All last week I was busy with "Family History Week" in Salt Lake City. On Monday April 26, 2010 I went to the Salt Palace and helped prepare the registration packets for the National Genealogical Society (NGS) Annual Conference. On Tuesday April 27, 2010 I went to three hours of training by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for family history consultants. I also toured the Church History Library.  In the evening I attended a fireside in the Tabernacle where Elder Alan Packer was the speaker. From Wednesday April 28, 2010 through Saturday May 1, 2010 I attended the NGS Conference. It was in the Salt Palace except for Thursday evening there was a Celebration of Family History in the LDS Conference Center featuring the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and speakers President Henry B. Eyring and historian David McCullough. It was a week packed with new and exciting information about family history.  I hope to report more on what I learned in this blog. Even if no one else reads the blog it will help me remember what I have learned.

No comments: