Sunday, February 9, 2014

Attendance Statistics from RootsTech

This is my fourth year of attending RootsTech, 2011, 2012, 2013 and now 2014. It has certainly grown during these four years. The first year I thought it was the largest genealogy conference I had ever known. According to statistics on the Ancestry Insider Blog there were 3200 registered in 2011. In 2012 there were 4000. In 2013 there were 6700. This year the conference was moved to the main part of the Salt Palace where the rooms were larger and there were 8000 registered for a four-day event. A Youth Event was added on the Saturday of the Conference last year and this year in 2014 there were 4000 who attended! Some of the RootsTech sessions were also streamed live online. Last year there was a total of 20,800 comprised of registrants, youth and those who viewed some sessions online. This year the total was about 30,000. 
It is a privilege for me to be able to attend these wonderful sessions and to gain so much knowledge about family history. Therefore, I want to blog about my adventures at RootsTech and share what I have learned. I hope it is interesting to my readers.

No comments: